This month we focus on freedom from slavery as on March 13, 2011 there is a global event called “Freedom Sunday”. (http://www.freedomsunday.org/ )
The organisation Not For Sale is encouraging people from all over the world to praise God as He is willing and able to break down the powers of darkness that keep people in slavery. We like to partner wth them and encourage you to do the same.
Slavery and Yadav people?!
- In every nation there are people who are the victim of slavery in many ways… so are the Yadav! Reading and meditating upon the following scriptures may bring more unstanding to you about slavery before you start to pray. (and that is usefull)
Scriptures of the month:
- Very truly I tell you, everyone who sins is a slave to sin. John 8:34 (NIV).
- “Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.” 2 Corinthians 3:17 (NIV).
- “The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to release the oppressed, Luke 4:18 (NIV)
Sometimes we think that slavery belongs to the past.
– Today more people are in slavery than ever before!
– Only God knows how many people (children and adults) are ‘against their will’ working (slaves) in prostitution, addicted to drugs or alcohol, pornography, …
– When we think about slavery and slaves we think about ‘bad things’ most of the time but let’s not forget the people addicted on a comfortable life, greediness, … ! (working, working, working, money, money, money, more, more and more, never satisfied, …)
Let’s pray and praise!
- Let’s praise God that He is able to set the world (includes the Yadav) free of every kind of slavery.
- Pray for an outpouring of the Holy Spirit in such a measure that no power of darkness will be able to stand!
- Pray that those who suffer as slaves will become disciples and servants of the God of all comfort!
God bless you all,
Rudi for the Yadav and beyond.