Scripture of the month:
Ecclesiastes 3:11 “He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.” (NIV Bible)
God has set eternity in the hearts of men.
“Eternity in their Hearts”, an amazing book written by Don Richardson. Don, his wife and baby, went to live among the Sawi tribe in Irian Jaya to give them the Gospel. These tribes were headhunters and cannibals. Within a few years a majority of the Sawis had become Christian. Not all of them – it wasn’t suddenly paradise. Nor was it some kind of Christian dictatorship, for there were still sinners among the Sawis who chose not to worship God. But the effect of the Gospel has penetrated the entire society. Headhunting and cannibalism have stopped together. They have become leaders in commerce among other tribes in their area and they are also sending out missionaries to other people groups in the jungles of Irian Jaya. They have become salt and the light in their part of the world. If it can happen in an entire tribe, it can happen in an entire nation! (taken from “Making Jesus Lord”, a book by Loren Cunningham)
You can read the story of how the Sawi tribe is reached with the Gospel in the book “Peace child” by Don Richardson.
God is moving people and resources when His people pray!
Last month’s testimonies
- Last month we asked you to pray for the construction of elevated water stations in the state of Bihar to bless the flood victims. During this last month several people decided to help us raise funds for this project. Praise God with us!
- We also learned about another organization constructing elevated water stations and it seems they are willing to partner with us! Praise God with us!
- At the end of this month a team will go to Bihar and start with the filming of the Yadav people group profile movie. Praise God with us and keep on praying!
Coming month prayer topics
- The floods have started… pray for protection, wisdom, love and courage for the relief workers going to the flooded areas.
- Pray that the relief workers will be able to comfort people and that the eyes of their heart will be open to see and to release long lasting solutions!
- Pray for finances to be released and used with integrity.
- From 1-5 September there will be a conference in New York focusing on children between 4 and 14 years. We are invited to represent the Yadav people. Pray for a strong network of unselfish workers.
Many Yadav people are still unreached but God is able to reach them and He wants to use you and me to do this!
Meditate on and proclaim Jeremiah 32:27. “I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?” Therefore… nothing is too hard for the Lord to do through you.