All people groups, everywhere!
People group thinking and reaching the nations for Christ!
There are people who never heard about, don’t understand or question people group thinking.
Let’s grow in understanding and faith by going through the following short study and the testimonies of people who were led by the Lord to focus on the Yadav people group. We pray that your faith will increase for the power of people group thinking.
When we talk about nations: We often mean the state-the political organization, or the government. We think in terms of boundaries and passports and flags. But the Bible gives us a different understanding of nations.
When God talks about nations He talks about people groups.
In Genesis 12:3 Abraham received the glorious promise that ‘all families’ of the earth will be blessed: “And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families (people groups) of the earth be blessed. (King James Version)
We see in Genesis how families became tribes which then become nations which became separated by language differences and spread out all over the earth. Looking at this way, nations are simply families or tribes of people. They share a common heritage, language, beliefs and ways of doing things which we call ‘culture’. The word ‘nation’ in the New Testament is the Greek word ‘ethne’, which is closer to our term, ethnic group. I believe this is still the primary way God looks at nations. He sees ethnic groups, people groups!
What is a people group?
- A people group is defined as a significantly large group of individuals who have a common bond to one another. Such a bond may include language, culture, customs, and geographical location.
- “For evangelization purposes, a people group is the largest group within which the Gospel can spread as a church planting movement without encountering barriers of understanding or acceptance”.
What is an unreached people group?
- An unreached people group is a people group among which there is no native community of believers with adequate numbers and resources to evangelize their people without outside assistance.
- God’s end vision? To see the promise given to Abraham being fulfilled!
- Revelation 7:9: “After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude (of believers in Jesus Christ) that no one could count, from every nation, every tribe, every people and every language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb.” (underlined words has been added by me because I’m convinced that this is God’s dream!)
The Yadav, one people group, still to be reached with the Good News of Jesus Christ!